Breaking changes ❗
- The deprecated
Services feature is now removed. All resources created
for Services are preserved for data recovery purposes (volumes, database
tables, etc.), but are not accessible through the Coder platform. Please
reference Docker in Environments for a guide on the new
workflow for running containers within your environment.
- The built-in Internal Extension Marketplace is now removed. All resources
created for this feature are preserved for data recovery purposes, but are not
accessible through the Coder platform. For air-gapped deployments, the
Custom Extension Marketplace configuration enables the use of
Open VSX as an alternative.
- The Container-based Virtual Machine
environment option is now considered generally available. The admin-level
configuration is still required, but the
alpha warning has been removed.
- Environment SSH routing has new behavior. If you have any processes listening
on port 22 it will be used to provide SSH access to your environment instead
of the bundled SSH implementation. This is a breaking change for users that
had services listening on port 22 before this change. Please reference
- Public Rest API: documentation
- Support for remote port forwarding over SSH
ssh -R 8080:localhost:8080 coder.dev
- Support for
running a full OpenSSH server
inside your environment.
- The administrator configuration option "Privileged Environments" is now
removed. All non-CVM environments are launched with
- web: PWA icons for JetBrains and code-server have been redesigned
- web: Input sliders have been redesigned
- web: A character counter was added to the organization description field
- web: Display warning when memory provision rate is high
- web: The dashboard has been redesigned with a new color scheme and navbar
Bug fixes 🐛
- infra: Extraneous environment variables were removed from non-CVM based
Security updates 🔐
There are no security updates in 1.16.0.