Breaking changes ❗
There are no breaking changes in 1.17.2.
- Workspaces as code (WAC): Workspaces as code (WAC) brings the
infrastructure as code paradigm to Coder environments. WAC allows you to
define and create new environments using workspace templates.
- web: New page available via Admin > Templates for creating an
embeddable quickstart button.
- web: New options available when clicking New Environment from the
- web: Workspace template information is now displayed on the
Environments page for environments built from a template.
- web: Added Cordon and Uncordon actions to Provider audit logs.
Bug fixes 🐛
- infra: Fixes an issue whereby using
coder/configure to create dev URLs would
- infra: Fixes an issue authenticating using OpenID Connect identity providers
(IdPs) that omit name information, such as GitLab. In this case, Coder will
use the email address as the user's name.
- infra: Improved validation for environment names. Previously, a long
environment name may have caused build errors.
- web: The dev URLs card on the Environments page now refreshes after an
environment finishes building.
- jetbrains: Fixed an issue whereby JetBrains IDE processes would start and
always run. They now start on request when opening JetBrains IDEs.
- web: Improved reliability of the workspace provider ping indicator.
- web: Fixed incorrect timestamps in an image's Available Tags table.
Security updates 🔐
There are no security updates in 1.17.2.