Coder is deployed on Kubernetes and includes the following components:
- coderd: the central authority; provides authentication and supports the
Dashboard and an API which you can use to create and interact with Workspaces
- PostgreSQL: data storage for session tokens, workspace information, etc.
- coder agent: a program running in each workspace that connects to
and handles tunnelled connections, collection of workspace statistics (such as
processor and memory utilization), and manages programs, such as editors.
Each component runs in its own Kubernetes pod.
There are two ways to deploy Coder:
- The default installation, which is a non-air-gapped option, using the
Kubernetes provider of your choice; you should be able to access Coder
resources from this workspace freely
- A secured, air-gapped option; you can choose to limit access and deploy Coder
by first pulling in all of the required resources, or you can choose to
whitelist the URLs/IP addresses needed to access Coder resources
Coder cannot be deployed in an air-gapped workspace when using the free
license tier. If you need to deploy an air-gapped Coder instance, please
contact our sales department to see about purchasing