You can embed an Open in Coder button onto your project's README file or
documentation to provide developers with a one-click way to start contributing.
When a developer clicks on the embedded button, their environment will use the
image as you've configured it and automatically pull in the repository.
- You must have Git and SSH installed on your image
- You must provide your Coder SSH
key to the service of your
choice. This step is required for anyone who wants to use the button to launch
a project using the provided image and repo.
Create the Embedded Button's Code
Coder can automatically generate the code you need to embed the Open in Coder
- In the Coder UI, go to Images. Find the image you want to use and click
- Underneath the name of the image, click Embed.
- Choose the Image Tag and Git Service you want to use, and provide
your Git Repoistory URI.
- Once you fill in the required fields, Coder generates the code you need in
Markdown or HTML (you can change the display text of the button by modifying
the Markdown or HTML snippets). Copy the code and paste it into your