- helm: The
namespaceWhitelistfield on the Coder helm charts has been removed and the organization namespaces feature has been deprecated.
- Deployments that had this value set cannot add namespaces, and cannot remove namespaces unless there are no environments still using them
- Existing environments in whitelisted namespaces will continue to work
- Environments cannot be created in whitelisted namespaces any longer
- Organizations can't be removed from a workspace provider (see below) until all environments in that organization and workspace provider are deleted. Users in an organization can create environments in the built-in workspace provider until all environments in that provider are deleted and the organization is removed from the whitelist.
Workspace Providers: Workspace providers enable a single Coder deployment to provision and manage workspaces across multiple Kubernetes clusters and namespaces.
- web: New configuration page available via Manage > Admin > Workspace Providers
- web: New option to choose your workspace provider in the Create and Edit Environment modals
- infra: New support for the use of multiple Kubernetes clusters and namespaces
Autostart: Autostart allows you to set the time when Coder automatically starts and builds your environments.
- web: New onboarding wizard available for setting a preferred Autostart time.
- web: New configuration page available via Account Preferences > Autostart that allows you to set a time and choose the environments that should be automatically started. We recommend enabling this feature for the environments you use the most.
- web: New checkbox for opting into Autostart is available on the Create and Edit Environment modals.
- web: Autostart action has been added to the Audit Log
web: Environment stop actions have been added to the Audit Log
web: UI shows most recent Build Log for offline environments
cli: Improved sign-in flow to authenticate the CLI with Coder
web: Improved error messages within the Build Log
- Improved messages when '/coder/configure' is not executable
code-web: Upgraded to code-server version 3.9.0
jetbrains: The Mac OS keymap plugin is now automatically installed
web: Resources section on Environments page has been redesigned
web: Applied consistent design theme across all Preferences pages
- web: Fixed dormant accounts and accounts pending deletion not displaying correctly in the Manage > Users table
- web: Fixed DevURL error page links using incorrect URIs.
- infra: Fixed timeout when deleting users with many environments
- infra: Increased offline timeout in trial versions of Coder
- web: Fixed casing when referencing 'GitHub' and 'GitLab'
- infra: Fixed an issue whereby renaming an OAuth provider caused a duplicate to be created. Migrating to 1.17.0 will remove these duplicates. They are not visible in the UI.
- infra: Corrected environment statuses during build and shutdown states
- web: Fixed SiteAdmin users receiving a notification that their SSH keys are
out of sync after creating an initial environment.
- Note: We do not recommend using the SiteAdmin user beyond the initial setup
- When resetting the SiteAdmin password using the
cemanager reset-admin-passwordtool, Coder requires a new password to be set upon next login (the initial password provided is marked as a temporary password).