Breaking changes ❗
Users upgrading deployments that predate the release of v1.21 should update their Helm values file to reflect Coder's updated schema if they haven't already. More specifically, users must change the following values:
- infra: added functionality to log all system-level processes executing in the workspace.
- web: added ability to disable built-in logins to Coder once OIDC authentication has been configured.
- web: added tutorial on setting up Git OAuth connection to the onboarding steps displayed to administrators when launching a new Coder deployment.
- web: switched default extensions marketplace to OpenVSX.
- web: added ability for admins to specify RSA-4096 as the SSH key algorithm.
- web: added auto-off settings to the Create Workspace and Edit Workspace forms’ Advanced section.
- web: added functionality to prune images and log image pull process for EC2 providers.
- cli: updated CLI so that it places updated binary to the current working directory if the existing binary is under a blocked prefix.
- infra: added support for Podman as an alternative to sysbox for CVM workspaces.
- infra: added ability to customize resource requests and limits in workspace templates.
- infra: added support for volume resizing on EC2 providers.
- infra: added mutual TLS support to Postgres database connections to/from Coder.
- infra: improved logging to help diagnose authentication issues.
- infra: added logging to and improved error handling for workspace providers.
- infra: update code-server to 4.0.1.
- infra: added support for AWS IAM authentication to RDS instances.
Bug fixes 🐛
- web: fixed issue with exported audit logs showing incorrect IP addresses.
- web: fixed issue where enabling a feature flag disabled all other feature flags.
- web: fixed issue on OAuth setup page where client ID and client secret fields were incorrectly auto-filled.
- web: fixed issue with select toggle switches not working.
- web: fixed issue with Intercom button showing in applications, including IDEs.
- web: fixed workspace provider authorization issues that occasionally resulted in workspace builds hanging.
- infra: fixed issue with OIDC provisioning more users than allowed by the active license.
- infra: fixed issue with workspace template searching.
- infra: updated GitHub SDK to v41.0.0.
- infra: fixed embeddable buttons to support workspace templates that launch a Coder for Docker deployment.
Security updates 🔐
There are no security updates in 1.27.0
Known issues 🔧
- web: the service banner (if enabled) reappears for all users, even if they've previously dismissed it.
- web: using the web terminal in Coder can occasionally result in the connection being reset and needing to be restarted.
- web: the Switch workspace drop-down menu shows a workspace's status as Building even though the build process is completed.
- web: users installing v1.24 (or later) into an air-gapped environment cannot upload their license when prompted.