Coder hooks into public and private Docker Registries to pull images and manage image metadata.
You must be a site manager to add a registry or remove registries that aren't in use.
You can add registries during the process of adding images.
To import an image:
- Go to Images > Import Image in the upper-right.
- In the dialog that opens, you'll be prompted to pick a registry by default. However, to add a registry, click Add a new registry, which is the option located immediately below the registry selector.
- You'll be asked to provide a registry name and the registry.
- If your registry is a private registry or you want to avoid hitting rate limits, provide the username and password combination required to access the registry.
- If your registry is a private Amazon ECR Registry, follow the steps specific to AWS ECR.
- If your registry is hosted on Microsoft Azure Container Registry (ACR) and you want to authenticate using Azure Active Directory (AAD) Pod Identity, follow the steps specific to ACR.
- Continue with the process of adding your image.
- When done, click Import.
You cannot delete a registry if there are workspaces using images from that registry.
To delete a registry:
- Go to the Images > Registries page.
- Find the registry that you'd like to remove, click its horizontal ellipsis icon, and select Delete.
Coder does not support the following registries at this time:
- GitHub Packages