Site managers can create and manage users from the Users page, which is accessible at Manage > Users.
To create a new user:
- Go to Manage > Users > New User.
- When prompted, provide the user's name and email address and select the Auth Type you want for the account. Select Built-In as your Auth Type if you want the user to access Coder with a username/password combination; select OpenID Connect as your Auth Type if you would like to use your organization's OpenID Connect Identity Provider.
- Finally, choose the Organization to which the user belongs (this will affect the images to which the user has access). Click Create.
Coder will create the new user. If you opted for the Built-In auth type, Coder will display a temporary password. Provide this password to the user, which they can use with their email to access their new account. For increased security, Coder prompts the new user to change their password immediately after they log in.
Coder comes with built-in user roles that define what actions a user can take in the deployment.
By default, all new users are assigned the Member role. These users can be upgraded to Auditor or Site Manager by another user with administrative privileges.
To change a user's role, go to Manage > Users. Find the user and use the Site Role drop-down to change the assigned role.
To delete a user:
- Go to Manage > Users. Find the user you want to delete and click the vertical ellipsis associated with that user.
- Click Delete.
- You'll be prompted to confirm this action. Click Delete to proceed.
If you're using your organization's OpenID Connect identity provider to manage users, this process revokes the user's access to Coder; it does not delete the user from your identity store.