- The deprecated
Servicesfeature is now removed. All resources created for Services are preserved for data recovery purposes (volumes, database tables, etc.), but are not accessible through the Coder platform. Please reference Docker in Environments for a guide on the new workflow for running containers within your environment.
- The built-in Internal Extension Marketplace is now removed. All resources
created for this feature are preserved for data recovery purposes, but are not
accessible through the Coder platform. For air-gapped deployments, the
CustomExtension Marketplace configuration enables the use of Open VSX as an alternative.
- The Container-based Virtual Machine
environment option is now considered generally available. The admin-level
configuration is still required, but the
alphawarning has been removed.
- Environment SSH routing has new behavior. If you have any processes listening on port 22 it will be used to provide SSH access to your environment instead of the bundled SSH implementation. This is a breaking change for users that had services listening on port 22 before this change. Please reference this guide.
- Public Rest API: documentation
- Support for remote port forwarding over SSH
ssh -R 8080:localhost:8080 coder.dev
- Support for running a full OpenSSH server inside your environment.
- The administrator configuration option "Privileged Environments" is now
removed. All non-CVM environments are launched with
- web: PWA icons for JetBrains and code-server have been redesigned
- web: Input sliders have been redesigned
- web: A character counter was added to the organization description field
- web: Display warning when memory provision rate is high
- web: The dashboard has been redesigned with a new color scheme and navbar branding
- infra: Extraneous environment variables were removed from non-CVM based environments
There are no security updates in 1.16.0.