Breaking changes ❗
There are no breaking changes in 1.30.0.
- web: added admin toggle that sets whether new workspaces are CVMs or not (if CVMs are enabled for the deployment).
- web: added support for the use of multiple Git OAuth providers.
- web: added ability to choose webRTC mode.
- infra: upgraded code-server to v4.3.0 (featuring VS Code v1.65.2).
- infra: added ability for an admin to disable the download files function from the web IDE's tree view.
- infra: added ability to toggle logging of OIDC tokens.
- infra: mounted additional NVIDIA GPU libraries (specifically the GL/GLX libraries) from the host into CVMs if users request GPUs.
- infra: added
CODER_MAX_WORKSPACES_PER_USERenvironment variable to
coderdthat controls the maximum number of workspaces allowed to each user.
- infra: improved Bitbucket server account linking error messages to help debug integration issues.
- infra: updated Coder so that self-contained builds are now the default.
- infra: updated Sysbox to version 0.5.0.
Bug fixes 🐛
- web: fixed issue where dev URLs created via configure scripts do not show in the UI without a manual refresh.
- web: fixed issue with Projector navbar occasionally displaying.
- web: fixed issue where JetBrains 2022.1 IDE versions would not open in Projector.
- web: fixed issue with EC2 provider workspaces hanging on build if a filesystem issue prevented mounting user volumes.
- web: fixed issue where creating/editing an audit log results in two audit log entries.
- web: fixed issue where changes to the Git URL in dotfiles aren’t included in the audit log.
- web: fixed issue where air-gapped deployments wouldn’t render “Open in Coder” buttons.
- web: fixed issue where users could create new workspaces even when there were no workspace providers configured for the organization.
- web: fixed metrics to track connections via SSH.
- infra: fixed scan error on metrics table caused by float being scanned as int.
- infra: fixed issue where the built-in provider respawns when
- infra: fixed issue where the Coder front-end attempts to reconnect to a workspace even when it is offline.
- infra: updated Coder to return a 404 error instead of a 5xx error if
coderdcannot reach a workspace.
- infra: fixed issue where air-gapped deployments were unable to update admin configuration settings.
Security updates 🔐
- infra: fixed issue with authorization controls that allowed unauthorized editing of shells and dotfiles.
- infra: fixed issue where site managers could change a user’s login type to built-in, even when built-in authentication is disabled in favor of OIDC login.
- infra: added validation to URIs used in dotfiles.
Known issues 🔧
- web: the service banner (if enabled) reappears for all users, even if they've previously dismissed it.
- web: using the web terminal in Coder can occasionally result in the connection being reset and needing to be restarted.
- web: the Switch workspace drop-down menu shows a workspace's status as Building even though the build process is completed.
- web: users installing v1.24 (or later) into an air-gapped environment cannot upload their license when prompted.
- infra: workspaces using images without
ubuntu:latest) will fail to build on new Coder deployments with self-contained workspace builds enabled. The workaround is to use a base image with