Breaking changes ❗
- infra: Coder v1.28.x requires the use of Kubernetes v1.21 or later. See Coder's version support policy for more information.
- web: added support for requesting additional scopes from the OIDC authentication provider.
- web: added prompt for new users to link their Git accounts when signing in for the first time.
- C4D: added ability to view Docker workspace providers in the dashboard and edit its name and organizations whitelist.
- C4D: added support for remote Postgres databases to Coder for Docker.
- cli: added ability for authenticated users to obtain their OIDC access token
from the Coder CLI using
coder tokens get-oidc-access-tokenonce an admin has enabled access tokens.
- api: added
autostart_atfield to the information returned about users.
- infra: updated code-server to 4.0.2.
- infra: added support for a single access URL to be used for both primary and satellite deployments using GeoDNS.
- infra: updated Coder to pass
X-Forwarded-Forheaders to dev URL connections.
- infra: add client TLS support for Coder, which is used for connections to registries and Git providers.
- infra: added a
labelsfield to all logged entries for AWS EKS.
- infra: added support for TUN devices to CVM-enabled workspaces.
Bug fixes 🐛
- web: fixed issue with Coder not persisting custom resource allocation requests.
- web: fixed issue where existing OIDC users cannot log in when the license is at maximum usage.
- web: fixed issue with dormant user accounts not being redirected home properly after being reactivated.
- web: fixed issue with workspace provider tooltip interfering with the workspace start button.
- web: removed ability to use double-hyphens in workspaces, causing conflict with dev URLs.
- web: fix issue with custom apps not working with satellites.
- C4D: fixed issue with access URLs not being saved.
- C4D: fixed issue with inability to rebuild workspaces relying on templates.
- cli: fixed issue where the
coder-clilocation was not appended to the
PATHin terminal sessions.
- infra: added functionality to clean up and remove image pull secrets during workspace clean-up.
- infra: fixed issues with
Security updates 🔐
- web: added requirement to authenticate when auto-creating dev URLs.
Known issues 🔧
- web: the service banner (if enabled) reappears for all users, even if they've previously dismissed it.
- web: using the web terminal in Coder can occasionally result in the connection being reset and needing to be restarted.
- web: the Switch workspace drop-down menu shows a workspace's status as Building even though the build process is completed.
- web: users installing v1.24 (or later) into an air-gapped environment cannot upload their license when prompted.