There are no breaking changes in 1.17.2.
- Workspace templates: Workspace templates brings the infrastructure as code
paradigm to Coder environments by allowing you to define and create new
environments using YAML templates.
- web: New page available via Admin > Templates for creating an embeddable quickstart button.
- web: New options available when clicking New Environment from the Environments page.
- web: Workspace template information is now displayed on the Environments page for environments built from a template.
- web: Added Cordon and Uncordon actions to Provider audit logs.
- infra: Fixes an issue whereby using
coder/configureto create dev URLs would fail.
- infra: Fixes an issue authenticating using OpenID Connect identity providers (IdPs) that omit name information, such as GitLab. In this case, Coder will use the email address as the user's name.
- infra: Improved validation for environment names. Previously, a long environment name may have caused build errors.
- web: The dev URLs card on the Environments page now refreshes after an environment finishes building.
- jetbrains: Fixed an issue whereby JetBrains IDE processes would start and always run. They now start on request when opening JetBrains IDEs.
- web: Improved reliability of the workspace provider ping indicator.
- web: Fixed incorrect timestamps in an image's Available Tags table.
There are no security updates in 1.17.2.