Breaking changes ❗
There are no breaking changes in 1.23.0.
- Doctor: Doctor assesses a Kubernetes
cluster to determine its readiness for Coder installation; if there are
issues, Doctor provides information on why.
- Terraform: Coder has released the first of a series of
Terraform scripts to
facilitate one-click Coder deployment.
- web: added support for
workspace applications; users can provide
images with custom applications, instead of only using applications that have
been built into the container image
- web: added support for DataSpell.
- web: improved input validation for dev URLs.
- web: added ability to get access token returned by OIDC providers on login.
- web: added usage statistics for individual workspaces to the Organizations
section of the UI.
- web: renamed "decommissioned" state to "deleting" when referring to the
process of deleting a workspace and freeing up its resources.
- web: added integrated live chat user so that hosted beta users can reach the
Coder support team.
- web: added in-product changelog.
- web: added dark mode for the Coder UI.
- web: added ability to provide a shell command to be run when starting a
terminal in Coder.
- web: updated default workspace resource allocation from 1 core and 1 GB of
memory to 4 cores and 4 GB of memory.
- web: updated audit log to include information about workspace stop actions.
- web: added ability to specify the Kubernetes service account name when editing
a workspace provider.
- cli: added
run coder update command; users can now update the Coder CLI
- api: added ability to use the Coder API to create workspaces.
- infra: updated logging so that Coder will send an error to
stdout if unable
to write to the in-product audit log.
- infra: add support for containerd for cached CVMs.
- infra: updated Coder to use the latest stable version of JetBrains Projector.
- infra: updated Next.js
Bug fixes 🐛
- web: fixed inconsistent color scheming in UI.
- web: fixed issues related to the rendering of UI components.
- web: fixed issues in the UI with longer strings of text.
- web: updated build log to show elapsed time for the final step.
- web: fixed issue with Coder networking agent hanging when certificates are
- web: fixed issue where STUN URI field in the admin panel could not be left
- web: fixed issue with session cookies not persisting in Safari.
- web: fixed issue preventing users from signing out of Coder.
- web: fixed intermittent workspace build and build log errors when using cached
- infra: fixed issue with SSH connections immediately closing when using cached
- infra: fixed issue with cached CVMs not having internet connectivity when
network policies are enabled on GKE.
- infra: fixed issue with cached CVMs not preserving environment variables
passed from the image.
- infra: consolidated requests sent when to get dev URL status, lessening server
- infra: fixed issue with inability to delete workspace provider if its cluster
has been deleted.
Security updates 🔐
- api: the admin-only authentication API no longer returns the OIDC client
- infra: added
X-Content-Type-Options to headers returned by Coder so that
browsers avoid automatically detecting MIME types based on content.
- infra: added CSP
frame-ancestors directive to prevent click-jacking.
- infra: reduced session cookie expiration time from seven days to twenty-four