Breaking changes ❗
There are no breaking changes in 1.29.0.
- web: added admin login form that appears when OIDC login is enabled and
built-in authentication is disabled.
- web: upgraded JetBrains Projector to version 1.6.0.
- C4D: added support for SSH to Docker workspace providers.
- C4D: added support for access URLs other than
- cli: added ability to
create workspace providers via CLI.
- infra: added support for AWS’ IAM Roles for Service Accounts (IRSA) to
- infra: added support for
FUSE devices in CVM-enabled workspaces.
- infra: updated code-server version to
4.1.0 (features VS Code
- infra: updated Kubernetes libraries to
- api: added ability for users to set preferred ICE protocol (e.g.,
Bug fixes 🐛
- web: fixed issue with RStudio login redirects.
- web: fixed issue where usernames in dev URLs were case-sensitive.
- web: fixed issue where resource quota changes were audit logged incorrectly.
- web: fixed issue where deleting a workspace caused a “Failed to fetch
- web: fixed issue where the Dashboard showed a “workspace available”
notification even though the build failed.
- web: fixed issue with the Create/Edit a Workspace form not displaying errors
if users provided non-unique workspace names.
- web: fixed issue with code copy buttons in the UI.
- web: fixed issue where users aren’t logged out correctly after changing the
- C4D: fixed issue with Docker workspace provider form throwing “Failed to
create/update workspace provider!” errors.
- C4D: fixed “Resource Load Unknown” errors that occurred during the workspace
- infra: fixed issue where the API call issued by Coder while loading the
workspaces page returns the image and information on all workspaces using that
image, leading to degraded performance.
- infra: fixed issue with workspace build jobs scheduled multiple times.
- infra: fixed memory leak when a client connects to a workspace.
- infra: fixed issue where dev URL access settings weren’t enforced after
changes made by site managers.
- infra: fixed issue regarding mTLS not working with Git providers and Docker
- infra: fixed issue with
coderd intermittently crashing.
- infra: fixed issue with satellites unable to build workspaces when the
self-contained workspace feature was enabled.
Security updates 🔐
- infra: upgraded from Go boring 1.17.5b7 to 1.17.8b7 to fix CVEs.
Known issues 🔧
- web: the service banner (if enabled) reappears for all users, even if they've
previously dismissed it.
- web: using the web terminal in Coder can occasionally result in the connection
being reset and needing to be restarted.
- web: the Switch workspace drop-down menu shows a workspace's status as
Building even though the build process is completed.
- web: users installing v1.24 (or later) into an air-gapped environment cannot
upload their license when prompted.